I started writing this post in response to Rachel from In Spaces Between asking her readers what we're thankful for. I didn't even realise that today is, in fact, Thanksgiving in the USA – I just wanted to put out there what I'm thankful for but the coincidence seemed too convenient not to just roll with.
- This weekend I jumped on a plane and flew home to Brisbane when I heard my grandpa was in a pretty serious condition in hospital. Every fibre of my being hoped that I would get to see him and talk to him when I got to the hospital but I got so much better than that; I got to see him get significantly better in the few days that I was there and can't wait to see him at Christmas.
- I got to play with my baby cousin, Odette – SO cute!
- I stayed with my mum and grandma one night, listening to Grandma's stories about when she was younger and first met my grandpa and talking to Mum about everything and nothing.
- I drank WAY too much coffee with my dad. And talked way too much about the intricacies of life.
- I sat by the river and caught up with my best friend, Sarah, just like we used to do every week – nothing has changed!
- I had dinner with Mum, Dad, and Rach at our favourite Turkish restaurant. The food was great, the company was amazing!
- I came home to my love. Sometimes it is hard leaving my family in Brisbane because of how much they mean to me but that he is always here for me and makes up such a big part of my life.
Words can not even describe how grateful I am for these amazing people and for how great my spontaneous Brisbane weekend was. This could have been a very different weekend and I am extraordinarily lucky for how it turned out! My family are the essence of my being and they are what I am most thankful for.
What are you thankful for?