A couple of months ago, I discovered Gentri Lee's Package Pals and decided to join in. Gentri then paired all of us bloggers all up and we switched information so we could share where we live with our new 'package pal'.
My package pal is Siri from Of Pumpkin Thieves and Buffalo Wings. She told me that she loves handmade things, very much wants to visit Australia, and that she collects magnets from around the world when she travels.
This is what I put together for Siri:
- A Sydney Harbour magnet
- A 50 cent piece because it's a beautiful Australian coin (inspired by this post – thanks, Naomi!)
- An issue of Bespoke Zine – a Brisbane-made zine
- A Mimco hair clip – one of my favourite Australian brands.
- Some painted mini pegs
- A hand stamped Moleskine with cute post it notes
- A 'mixed tape' CD of my favourite Australian bands
And I wrapped them all in pages from the Sydney Vivid Festival with some beautiful photos of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House with a letter about my life in Sydney.
Sir's package had a wonderful assortment of American candy – yum!
- Strawberry Sundae gum
- A cute tin of Smarties
- Candy rings – so much fun
- A really adorable felt Advent Calendar to get me in the Christmas spirit!
- A breast cancer charity pen
It was so much fun getting to make an overseas friend and come up with something to send her that would give her some indication of what I love in Australia. Thanks, Gentri, for coming up with this, I'm so glad to have been a part of this and can't wait to see what the other Package Pals have come up with!