I had so many intentions for this weekend and nothing really went as planned, including my Monday blog post! I think most of it is because of the insane amount of rain we had in Sydney, literally putting a dampener on the whole weekend.
What I planned to do:
- Go to Bikram Yoga
- Go to the Vivid Light Festival
- Write a blog about the Vivid Light Festival
- Clean my whole house
- Go to a screening of a film a friend of mine is in
- Skype my mum
- Make soup
- Get ahead on some scheduled blog posts for the week
I will be honest with you, not one of these things happened this weekend. Deviating from the plan is not uncommon for me, but not getting any of my 'to do' list done is just crazy.
What I did instead:
- Went for a run for the first time in two weeks
- Snuggled up on the couch to watch the football and movies
- Baked cookies with some (but not much) success…
- Skyped my lovely friend and missed her more than I already do but felt better after talking to her
- Got addicted to a damn Xbox game and spent most of Sunday laughing and playing it with Bailey
I always think of myself as someone who plans everything out, but I'm actually almost the complete opposite. I love 'to do' lists and planning things out but mostly I just roll with it. Today, whilst playing this ridiculously addictive game, Minecraft, Bailey said it was fun playing with me (even though I'm a total n00b) because I just run around and do whatever I want without planning it out and I realised that that's kind of what I do. When I finally do make a decision, I do actually just do it and it was quite a revelation!
That's just life. Sometimes you go through down times, sometimes the smallest things can make your day, sometimes things don't go to plan, and sometimes you feel the fog lift and you just know that everything will work out.
What did you or didn't you do this weekend? Let me know! And if you're jealous about my cookie baking, there's still time to enter the Saved By Cake giveaway!!